Monday, December 11, 2006

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Outside looking in this game looks to be amazing. Not because of its unique game play (since it is almost identical to the X-Men Legends series), not because of it's graphics, and not because of its pretty well molded story-line. This game looks amazing because there are so many different marvel characters. I admire what Marvel tried doing, I really do. What haunts me is the fact that I didn't know half of the villains. Unless you are a fan of most of the Marvel comics you'd have a hard time identifying some of these villains too. Radioactive Man? Yeah I thought it was cheesy too. Where's Hobgoblin? Venom? Sandman? Mr. Sinister? Kingpin? The Sentinels? And many many more villains? Ok, I can understand that Marvel can't put in all of the characters, but at least when you say I can play with over 20 characters, make them characters worth playing with. I had no interest in Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel. Give me Beast, Magneto, or even make Venom a good guy. Contrary to the statements so far, I liked this game a lot. The game was fun and has pretty decent replay value pending that you are interested in seeing the alternate endings for things that you decide to do and not to do. But overall I feel that more could have been put into this game to make it superb. Maybe number two will be better.

No comments: