Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rock Band...Small Land


I called my local GameStop today to see if they had the bundle for Rock Band which was released today. The bundle, if you are unfamiliar lets people buy the microphone, drums, and guitar peripheral along with the game for an astounding $180, individually the game would cost $60, the Mic $30, and the Guitar and Drums $80 each. So you are saving a pretty substantial amount of money. At any rate I found out that the game itself was for sale, but only those with a pre-order could get the peripherals, and that the peripherals themselves wouldn't be out until (get ready for this) MARCH!!! So I started thinking. Who were the idiots over in marketing at Harmonix who decided that their game would be for sale 4 months before the peripherals would be? Talking to worker at GameStop, I found out that Harmonix did this because they wanted to have more people pre-order. This makes sense, but at the same time, it makes only about 5% sense. Why have the game, that you really can't do anything with unless you have a wireless guitar, from Guitar Hero II or III. And if you do, why would you want to buy Rock Band in the first place. Oh Harmonix, you are about as confusing to me right now as I am confused about imaginary numbers in Algebra. It doesn't make sense, nor does it serve any (in my opinion) purpose in life. Ah, but the light at the end of the tunnel got a whole lot brighter. I called up my local Wal-Mart, and THEY HAVE ROCK BAND BUNDLES!!! So that whole thing about Harmonix wanting people to reserve it, really is just GameStop trying to get people to buy from them so they can rip them off with "trade-ins" and "get money for your games" Since when did getting 7 bucks (if that) for a game you've paid $50 for a month ago a good deal? If you really want a good deal, here's a website. www.getcheapgames.com. They compare prices across the internet and find the best deal for you. You will thank me when you see the price differences compared to GameStop's "great" used games prices. You will thank me.

-Jeremy

No comments: