Monday, November 5, 2007

Maybe it's just me


I just got done beating Stranglehold. And it has been out for not even a week. Which now begs the question, are fun action games too short? Or am I just playing through them too fast? I thought God of War and God of War II were kind of short even though common sense told me they weren't. But this past spring I thought Spider-Man 3 was way too short. Now I think I'm starting to realize that games with interactive worlds or highly destructible environments might have a lot in them, but not story or longevity of game-play. I have come to the conclusion that not every game can be a FF7 or any of the FF's for that matter. And not every game can be as satisfying as the Grand Theft Auto series, with so much more to do and look for. Therefore I have to give this game an 8 out of 10 because it is just so much fun. This is easily a game I can try to play through on hard, and even just play on 'casual' (another name for easy) mode. It's not about the longevity of the game per-say. It is the experience the gamer receives while playing the game and I have to say I've had a great experience. You should definitely pick this game up, or wait for the price to drop and then pick it up. This makes me think that maybe I'll pick up Heavenly Sword after all, even if the reviews say the game is too short. Experience is what counts.

No comments: