Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mario is definitely Super


When I used to play Super Mario 64 I looked at it as more of a chore that I had to get certain stars to open certain doors. When I played Super Mario Galaxy, I enjoyed getting every (for the most part) star. I enjoyed blasting off into outers space. I enjoyed being pulled in different directions by gravity and taking it into account. I enjoyed looking for the hidden stars. I enjoyed completing one level before going to the next even though (and here's the kicker) I DIDNT HAVE TO COMPLETE EVERY LEVEL TO BEAT THE GAME! BUT I WANTED TO! Every adventure was exactly that, an adventure. Every adventure had it's own unique, yet familiar twists and turns. From turning into a Bee to turning into of all things a Spring (not of water), this game certainly has everything that a video game is supposed to entail. A heartfelt story line. Creative game-play. Gorgeous graphics. A nostalgia like none I have felt since watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (and that's nostalgia from a movie to a game, not a game to a game). Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING about this game was thought out and put to perfect use. If every video game out there had 3/4 of what Super Mario Galaxy offered, every video game would be sold out. You read me right. The motion sensor controllers were PERFECT. I never felt as if any of the motion sensor controllers were just thrown together for the heck of it. Some may find the camera angles to be a bit of a problem from time to time, but hey, for the most part, what you see is where you need to go and Nintendo isn't trying to confuse you. In all honesty, Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games of all time. And I haven't played a game that is truly a perfect 10 in a long time. If you need proof just go get it for yourself. If you love video games and love Mario, I promise you, a wonderful adventure awaits.

No comments: