Friday, October 26, 2007

Insane in the Membrane

Manhunt 2 is the second game I know of that has almost pulled an Adults only rating (AO). The first, as you will recall, was by accident when Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas got hacked and you could...well you could do things you normally didn't have the freedom to do in a game...sexual...things. Anyway. Manhunt looks just crazy enough to work. The added bonus, or lunacy, is that with the Wii controls, you can actually execute the kills moving your hands in the motion as if you were really killing someone. I can see the headlines now, "Manhunt causes child to kill mother with paper clip, syringe, and fire hose." But the thing that I have to keep coming back to, in defending video games, is that it is an art-form. Don't get mistake what I'm saying here, to act out a murder on a video game system in the wrong hands could be deadly...in more than one way. But ultimately, it's not the game's fault that one capable human being murdered another innocent human being. Furthermore, this game looks very deranged, and it might be one of the first thriller/horror games that I actually play extensively, unless you want to count Loaded from way back in the day. Who knows I could even own it, but I probably will be playing with all of the lights on. So much for being a strong, "Man." (get it?)

-Jeremy

No comments: