Monday, July 28, 2008

MK vs DC [I'm actually starting to like it..really]



I just took a look at the above video for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and guys, I have to admit, my excitement meter just went up a few more percentage points. This demo takes you through the game and shows off some of the moves and gameplay of characters such as Sub-Zero, Scorpion, The Flash, Batman, Superman and Sonya. What caught my eye is how ruthless the DC Universe characters actually appear to be. If you have been keeping up with this blog for a few months you will most notably remember me writing that I was skeptical of how these two worlds could collide because they seemed like polar-opposites.

A couple aspects of gameplay caught my eye as well. The fact that the levels themselves are interactive makes for a more glorified fight. It isn't simply a back and forth effort with walls dictating how far left or right you can move. Superman actually plows Scorpion through at least four walls, which is awesome. The other aspect of gameplay that I found intriguing is that you as a fighter can pummel your opponent in mid-air if you knock them off the side of a cliff. This is demonstrated when Flash fights Sonya.

All in all, Midway seems to be doing a great job with this game. And I was assured by a blog that Batman and Scorpion will not share the same move of slamming you back and forth on the ground with their legs. All of you that noticed that just act like you didn't see it because it won't be in the final game.

-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: