Monday, August 4, 2008

Mortal Kombat, the best video game movie ever?


This would ROCK if this came out!!! Does anyone know when?

A few days ago I was watching Mortal Kombat. No, not the game, but the movie, and it got me thinking. Mortal Kombat is the best live action video game movie I've ever laid my eyes on. One of the reasons MK probably stands out to me more than most people is that I was not allowed to play the game when I was younger because of the blood. Then all of a sudden, literally, my dad called to me down in the basement and said, "Hey Jeremy!!! Do you want to go see Mortal Kombat?!" I didn't know what to say. I almost thought it was a trick question. I then replied, "Yeah, yeah!! Really?! Yeah I wanna go!!" From then on MK the movie lived on in infamy with me.

Too bad over the years the game has taken a plunge. Maybe it will be revived with MK vs DC Universe, but that is yet to be seen. Another bad moment was Mortal Kombat 2. What a horrendous movie. It's almost as if the people who were making it thought to themselves, "Let's fix what's not broken!" KABLAM, Mortal Kombat 2, or rather, a big pile of crappy crap.

On the MK note, I also heard rumblings via IMDB that there is going to be a Mortal Kombat 3. The moment I read this I got way too excited, especially since there was zero info on it. Yet and still if this does go through I'm going to be extremely joyful.

Granted, there might be a better live action movie out there based on a video game that you like, but for me, right now, it's MK. And for your reading pleasure, here is a list of video game movies that have come out since 1986 (via Wikipedia fyi). And also, I'll include a list of games that they want to make into movies. God of War and Bioshock= Jeremy is stoked. And just for kicks, I'll offer up a short synopsis of my opinion on each, whether they are films that have come out, or films that may be coming out. Enjoy.

Released films

Currently in Production or may be in Production, or are in Limbo



Hope you enjoyed this. Let me know what you think about some of the proposals or some of the movies that have already come out.

-Jeremy aka Adridius

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.