Monday, August 18, 2008

Facebreaker [preview]

No that's not Mr. Incredible...unfortunately...cause he'd be a cool character for a boxing game...

Don't get used to the previews as I don't have an "in" with any game companies. I just figured that since I downloaded a demo for a game I might as well write about my experience from time to time for all of you wonderful readers. As the title gives away all (at least for this post) I just got done playing a demo of EA's Facebreaker. I have to admit ladies and gents, it's a ring-full of fast paced, high intensity, crazy stupefied boxing. The funny thing is that this is supposedly part of EA's Freestyle which is aimed toward non-experienced gamers. That's all well and good, but here's the problem, "normal" was kicking my butt and I'm an experienced gamer. Now this is not to say that the final version will be this difficult, or that I am the most experienced gamer in the world; the point I'm trying to make is that for a game that is supposedly targeting a different audience that say Fight Night you would expect the difficulty to be a bit less intimidating.

Granted, it's kind of fun when you finally start landing a few punches, dodge your opponent and block, but up until then it can get kind of frustrating. The demo only allowed me to play 90 seconds and it was on PS3. Overall I am impressed and will actually look to possibly own this title.
-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: