Thursday, August 21, 2008

Most sold game this year (so far)! [news]


Does anything jump out at you and surprise you on this list?

The NPD Group, GfK Chart-Track Limited and Enterbrain have come together to release the Top Global Markets Report. This report will be coming out monthly to give people a better understanding of how well a game is selling and where it is selling. What do you all think about this list? One nugget that jumps out at me is the fact that Grand Theft Auto IV is beating out the 2nd ranked game by almost a million copies sold and it's not even being sold in Japan. That's interesting. Another surprising note is how many copies of Super Smash Brothers Brawl sold in the U.K. I would have thought that it would have sold more. Then again, population probably plays a strong role in these numbers (this isn't represented in any data I have, it's just a thought). America has almost three times the amount of people that Japan has and Japan has about double the population of the U.K.

What do you all think about these numbers. Let me know.

-Jeremy aka Adridius

P.S.- We are almost to 1000 hits on the blog!!! I don't know what I'm going to do to celebrate, but I'll have a fun picture or video or BOTH at the very least on Gamer-aid. Plus I'll post some kind of "Thank You". So get hyped!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grand Theft Auto IV is considered a "cool" game and Smash Bros. is considered a child's game. I think it's as simple as that.

Also, fighting games, especially Smash Bros., is not everyone's cup of tea. And considering the Wii is a casual player system, and most casual players don't care about Mario vs. Sonic. Meanwhile, GTAIV came out for both Xbox 360 and PS3.