Monday, February 11, 2008

Bill Gates killed Captain America

DANGIT MICROSOFT!!!

It is to my utter despair that I relay the news that Microsoft has officially killed the Marvel Universe MMO. This game, whenever it was supposed to come out, was one of the main reasons I decided to get an Xbox 360, because I'm more of a Sony guy. Here's the reasoning by Shane Kim, who is Microsoft Gaming Studios' head.

"When we first entered into the development and agreement of the development of 'Marvel Universe Online,' we thought we would create another subscription-based MMO. And if you really look at the data there's basically one that's successful and everything else wouldn't meet our level or definition of commercial success."

So...Mr. Kim, because you felt you couldn't get people to pay to play online, you squashed it? Talk about pessimism. And, another thing that really teeters my totter is why does there have to be a subscription anyway to play this game online? Look at Guild Wars. Whatever, I can't believe they decided to do this. Here's hoping Sony, with it's free online gaming (as of now) still decides to let Superman live.

Adridius

1 comment:

monday quarterback said...

I cannot believe Micro soft is dismissing this game. I guess it is time to look for another game to get excited about. Double standards have been a
common factor in the 21st century....all with the bottom line profit as the issue.