Monday, February 4, 2008

You might win some (18) but you just lost 1!


I know this is a video game blog. I know the focus is supposed to be on video games, I will tie in video games, but first I want to say how elated I am that the Giants won. I am a Cowboy and a Packer fan, so I wasn't very happy when the G-men beat us, but I am over the top excited that the Patriots lost. Now all the talk of "are the pats the best team ever" can stop, now the "the pats are going undefeated" can cease, and the newly arrived topic "are the pats going to be the first 100 team on madden" will never see the light of day again, at least for now. As a journalist you want to be able to convey your thoughts clearly to an audience. Well my thought is "Woo hoo!! The Patriots won 18 games in a row and lost, choked, feel asleep, bit the big one, hit the wall, and whatever other term you want to use to describe what just happened. " I didn't want to hear about the god-like Patriots for the rest of my life. As a Cowboys fan I would much rather hear that the Giants are the Super Bowl champs, than to hear about the 19-0 Patriots for the rest of my life. I can hear about the Giants for a season, than the Patriots for a life-time. I am absolutely stoked to hear what all the commentators who were kissing up to the Patriots this year will say in the coming weeks about how the Patriots didn't win and how the Giants pulled off one of the biggest upsets in NFL history. All the people who said the Patriots were unbeatable, and especially all the idiots who weren't giving the NFC a chance at ALL no matter who the NFC team was in the Super Bowl. Those people that said that the Pats would be so far ahead at half-time that the game wouldn't be watchable. Those people that said that the Patriots could beat the 90's Cowboys, 80's 49ers, 70's Steelers and '72 Dolphins. Yeah, those people, I want to see them eat their words. Patriots, you might win some but you just lost one. Plaxico's prediction of a low scoring game with the Giants winning doesn't look so stupid after all huh? Congrats to the Manning brothers for winning back to back Super Bowls. Man...I am so happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is the thing. Should we get on in the lawsuit because we don't have that super bowl ring and
New England Does?? Just a fleeting thought!!!