Monday, February 25, 2008

Take Two says Shove IT EA!

NIKO: Did you hear man? EA is trying to ride my pony and piggy back off my success...you know what i have to say about that? *EXPLETIVE* EA!

Hey to all my devout readers. I am terribly sorry I havent been writing in a little over a week, but I have good reason. Consolemonster.com is keeping me busy in a Lost Odyssey review which will debut there sometime next week and should debut on here sooner than that, aren't you lucky. Here's a little teaser, I love the game. But anyway back to a story.
EA has tried to maneuver it's way into another video games pockets again and steal their soul. EA has has tried to buy Take-Two which is comprised of Rockstar, 2K, and Firaxis. I don't know about you but this seems underhanded. All in all EA would buy Take Two for about 64% of the shares and it would cost them $2 billion. Yikes, that's a lot of mula, but hey, EA's got plenty of money to burn. So who in their right mind would decline this. Well...Take Two. Here's what they had to say,

"After careful evaluation, the Board has determined that EA’s proposal substantially undervalues Take-Two’s robust and enviable stable of game franchises, exceptional creative talent and strong consumer loyalty. We believe EA’s unsolicited offer is highly opportunistic and is attempting to take advantage of our upcoming release of Grand Theft Auto IV, one of the most valuable and durable franchises in the industry. Furthermore, the offer values the Company at a significant discount to its public peers and does not compensate Take-Two for its intrinsic value and the substantial synergies that the proposed combination would create.”

Robust and enviable? Oh I love it because it's true. BioShock, 2K sports basketball (college and pro), Elder Scrolls, Grand Theft Auto, these games rock. What does EA have? Madden and...Madden..and...Madden. Ok, Fight Night is good, but come on it doesnt compare to the success and impact that some of the former games that 2K and Rockstar have made. You know what this tells me about EA? Just like when they got the exclusive rights to distribute and NFL game, they are trying to eliminate the competition not by beating them, but by making them not exist. Plain and simple. And for Take-Two's pride, I hope they do not let EA buy them and I hope the public feels the same way.

Thanks for being patient with me readers, I'm almost done with Lost Odyssey. Stay tuned.

-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: