Friday, June 13, 2008

Go buy a real Hula Hoop! [Tiny interview]



There is a fitness instructor on Diet.com named Sarah who was asked to test out some of Wii Fit and give her take on how it helps an individual person to become more fit. These are her responses:

Soccer:
"Labeled as a balance exercise, this game could really double as a core workout however in order to get the benefits you need to engage your core."

Hula Hoop:
"According to my heart rate the benefits I received from hula hoop were equivalent to a walking warm-up. My advice go out and buy and actual hula hoop if you like it that much."

Running Program:
"Why purchase a $90 game to run when you can do it for free?"


Being as I have never played the game you must take my comments for what they are: comments. I think the problem with her hula hoop statement is simply this. What if I can't hula hoop with a real hula hoop (which I really can't, I know, it's sad)? She actually has a point though, it's better to go spend money on a real hula hoop than just getting this game for your hula hoop enjoyment. As far as running for free, I don't really like to run. I'm not disagreeing with her, I just don't like to go outside and run. I'd rather get on an eliptical. Do you think the Wii Fit will come out with that add-on one day (absolutely not, lol).


Ok so this post isn't a huge deal and Sarah makes some extremely valid points. But I thought it'd be fun to post anyway. It will be interesting to see, as this game is out longer, if people actually do get more fit by playing Wii Fit. That will be the real story. Stay tuned to your regularly scheduled keeping up with gaming news life.


-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: