Monday, June 30, 2008

PS2 games downloaded to PS3? [rumor]


Could this be for real?

I came across an interesting rumor today on the net. It suggested that there might possibly PS2 games coming to the PS3 via internet download. The first thing I thought was, "Why?" Why would I need to download PS2 games when I can go buy them and play them on my PS...ohhhhhhh; maybe that's why Sony had no reservations about taking out the backwards compatibility with the $400 PS3.

Although there is no information at this time whether Sony is really going to do this or not; from a business standpoint it makes all the sense in the world. Make a system and have it so that you can enjoy all your old favorites without having to have a hard copy of them all. It's like having a PS1, PS2, and PS3 all in one system. Although, backwards compatibility offered this too. But I still think some people may be drawn to it because they don't have to carry around all their games in a physical form, all of their old favorites can be on their PS3 internally.

I don't know what will come of this, but if the price-tag isn't too expensive this just might work. Part of me is still mad at Sony for taking away the backwards compatibility at one point. I'm just happy I got a PS3 before they did that. What do you guys think about PS2 games being downloaded to your PS3?

-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: