Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MGS4 blowout! MGS4 fans read [every freaking thing]




Hello all the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots fans! How the heck are you?! Me. I'm pretty darn excited that every second that goes by is another second closer to MGS4! I have been waiting for this game since Metal Gear Solid 2 left me hanging. So to commemorate the excited nature that I am in, I am going to give you an MGS4 news blowout all in one easy to read place. Here it is. Enjoy folks.


Lets start with the OH MY GOSH THIS IS GONNA BE IN THE GAME story. Apparently that little April Fools joke a while back with Konami and Ubisoft about Altair being the MGS4 world is real. Kind of. No Altair won't be time traveling into the Guns of Patriots time frame, but Snake will be able to look like Altair. I do not know how you unlock this suit, if it's actually needed for the game, or if it's a cheat, but it is in the game folks. And that's frickin cool!


Next we have the OH MY GOSH NO FRICKIN WAY I CAN ACTUALLY WEAR THIS!? story. New t-shirts for all the MGS fanboys have been released. And dogonit if I don't get one, most notably the Snake wrapped around the 4, I'm not going to like myself very much. The most original one that only MGS fanboys will completely understand has got to be the guy with the box over his head. (sorry I couldn't get a pic on the blog, just go to the link, it's just as good). Actually, come to think of it, I should do that for a Halloween party or something. Awesomeness in a box! (The awesomeness would be me of course).

Next, the OH MY GOSH THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO FINALLY FREAKING DO A MOVIE IT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THEY NEEDED TO DO SINCE METAL GEAR SOLID 2 CAME OUT IT'S ABOUT FRICKING TIME story. Ok good news and bad news time. The good news is that Kojima, the creator of MGS series, will be producing the movie. The bad news is that according to Konami's Aki Saito, the contract negotiations haven't fully worked out yet and Kojima is not directing the film. According to Saito, "Paul Thomas Anderson is interested." I just hope that Kojima gets to put in some serious input on how the movie will go because if they F this movie up I'm going to be a VERY unhappy camper. VERY unhappy.




And lastly the OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIEVE THERE IS ANOTHER VIDEO FOR THIS GAME WHY DOESN'T IT JUST COME OUT ALREADY video. It's not the full 10-12 minute cinematic opening scene that you will be lavished with when the game finally makes its way to your PS3's this summer, but it does give you a taste for what to expect. I don't know how sensitive you all are to spoilers, but be warned, it may only be just over 2 minutes, but it may give away SOMEthing you don't want to know. I doubt anything major, but just be warned.


And that concludes the MGS4 blowout. I hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Remember, if it aint MGS4 it needs to be out the door. Ok so that doesn't make sense but I was trying to think of something to rhyme with MGS4 and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is just too long to say to put into some catchy phrase. Be well my fellow combatants, be well! I'll talk to you on the Codec!


-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: