Monday, March 24, 2008

200 reasons to buy Fallout 3


200. 200. 200. No it's not a new movie about how the Persiasn take over the City of Troy who are destroying the Spartans from gathering in Jerusalem for the annual Rain Dance festival of the gods (shout out to Kratos). No, 200 is the number of endings for Fallout 3, which is due for a release in the fall of this year. Todd Howard has confirmed it on an official Xbox podcast.

I wonder what this will do to games. I wonder if this will just be a one time thing or will more game design companies start to implement the more-than-one-ending-depending-on-what-you-accomplish bit. I don't know.

Ok, before you jump all over me in a violent, "But wait Jeremy, Wait!" sort of rage, let me express that I know there are other games that have had multiple endings before (Silent Hill being one of them). I know this (Kingdom Hearts II). Ok I know, don't jump on me about it. But 200? Seriously, I love games, not a fan, nor a hater of Fallout (but that could change for the better in the fall), but come on, 200 endings? I want to meet the person who actually gets all 200. Seriously, if you plan on getting this game and plan to unlock all 200 endings, I want to be in contact with you. Post a comment, shoot me an email, title it "I'm going to get all 200 endings" I want to be able to say I know that person.

Cause in the meantime, no offense to the Fallout 3 fans, or soon to be Fallout 3 fans, but I probably will still be playing a little game I'd like to call GTA IV. My mind will be so far away from even wanting to see all 200 endings on F3 when I'd rather cause mayhem for the 50th time in GTA by starting a riot and and then using my cell to call the cops. And instead of just watching, I'll get in on the brawl with my gun, bat, or whatever other crazy weapon Rockstar has come up with. Not to mention I'll steal an ambulance just for ironic comedic effect. *Sigh* that'll be the day.

But seriously, let me know, are you one of the people who wants to unlock all 200 endings?

-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: