Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Heavenly Sword 2 Rumors


When Heavenly Sword was announced for the PS3 I was anxious to get my hands on it. The more and more people started to refer to it as the "goddess of war", that only peaked my interest. But sadly, I haven't played more than the demo of Heavenly Sword and it's still my wallpaper background on PS3. The reason I haven't yet started pummeling people with my long red hair and razor sharp big sword is because the game doesn't take more than a day to beat and I couldn't in good conscience pay $60 for a new game that I can beat so quickly. I'm trying to wait it out for a good internet deal.
But anyway, I came across some interesting rumors that PS3 Fanboy picked up. I have to say, aspects that defined the first game look like they might change in Heavenly Sword 2. Here are some of the rumors that they mentioned.


  1. Heavenly Sword 2 will take place 10 years after the events in Heavenly Sword.
  2. The main character will be a male with martial arts background.
  3. The main character will be Kai, but she will be a more mature woman.
  4. The game will require you to master different martial arts styles before retrieving the heavenly sword.
  5. The game will, instead of button mashing, have controls that utilize an analog stick to go through weapons.
  6. The game will have downloadable weapons, characters, and enemies to customize your experience.
  7. The game will be more interactive with the environment.
  8. The game will have you on a storyline with replayable missions, as opposed to an open world.

So what did you all think of Heavenly Sword? Are you excited if even one of these are true or are you under the teaching of "If it ain't broke don't fix it?" Me personally, I haven't played HS, but I would welcome a second installment.

-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: