Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Airplanes and video games


Maybe this is really what happens if I don't turn off my DS when we are trying to land.....


Yes, today is the day Grand Theft Auto came out. And yes I got a copy without reserving it. Wal-Mart is a wonderful thing. But that isn't what this post is about.

First of all, I will, in the future, put up some kind of review on GTA. I can't promise when, as it is a massive game, and I can't promise how long it will be, but I will try to remember to put up a review. Secondly, I apologize for not having posted for four days, I have been out of town doing other things (I do have a life, lol).

Since I was traveling over the weekend I was inevitably in a plane. And one question I thought I would throw out there: Why do planes still have it so I can't play my PSP, DS, or listen to my ipod (or even CD player for that matter) when we take off and land? Come on folks, that has been the case since as long as I can remember and the very first time I was on an airplane is when I was three weeks old. Not years, but three weeks. When I was five we couldn't use electronic devices. Folks, I'll be 22 next month, technology has changed, and yet for some reason airlines still require that I can't even play my favorite Super Mario game.

I can understand cell phones and portable TV's (although I don't think anyone brings those on a plane), but what is wrong with me listening to my ipod or trying to be Sonic the Hedgehog Advanced? I think the airlines and the laws need to be updated. Practically everyone has some sort of electronic device, and since prices haven't necessarily gone down in relation to flying from one city to another, can you PLEASE update your plane so that it can "handle" my ipod being on? Thank you.

-Jeremy aka Adridius

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it is more of a traditional cautionary rule. I don't think they actually affect the radar like they use to. But, just in case, it's better to turn it all off. It's not the end of the world if the game is put down for five minutes before and after a flight.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/65921?