Sunday, April 20, 2008

Top 15 games with the best story lines

GamesRadar has a top 15 list (in no particular order) of the games with the best storyline. Obviously great story lines can be highly relative as some people may appreciate a more obscure and "confusing" story line rather than a clear and brilliant story being told. But anyway, here are the 15 games.

  • Metal Gear Solid (1998, PlayStation, PC)
  • Grim Fandango (1998, PC)
  • The Longest Journey (2000, PC)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2, Xbox, PC, 2004)
  • Beyond Good & Evil (PS2, Xbox, GameCube, PC, 2003)
  • Astro Boy: Omega Factor (Game Boy Advance, 2004)
  • Portal (Xbox 360, PC, PS3, 2007)
  • Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (PC, 1993)
  • Bioshock (Xbox 360, 2007)
  • Planescape: Torment (PC, 1999)
  • Fallout 2 (PC, 1998)
  • God of War (PS2, 2005)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox, PC, 2003)
  • Final Fantasy VI (Super Nintendo, 1994)
  • Silent Hill 2 (Xbox, PS2, PC, 2001)
I have to admit, I was pretty stoked to see Metal Gear Solid up there, although I do think that Metal Gear Solid 2 had a better story line, but hey, to each his own. I was kind of bummed that Final Fantasy VII wasn't in there. Let's forget the fact that the story was heartfelt and all that good stuff. FFVII contained a scene where every gamer that had a soul at the very least thought about crying their eyes out because Aeris died. But hey, like I said, that's just me. A more recent game I enjoyed the story line from was Lost Odyssey, but that might have been too melodramatic for people. I personally cried at least four or five times and I loved the game.

Tell me what games you would want in your top 5, 10, 15, or 20 as far as story-lines go. There are no wrong answers as each game can affects people differently (COME BACK AERIS!). Feel free to leave your comments.

-Jeremy aka Adridius

No comments: